Orwell Multi Academy Trust
Brooklands’ Governing Body has been considering carefully the school’s future in a fast changing and increasingly challenging educational landscape. Our priority is to enable the school to continue to provide an excellent education for our children while protecting the school’s role at the heart of our community and retaining Brooklands’ unique qualities and exceptional strengths.
Over the past year we have been working closely with other school bodies to explore how partnership could provide even greater advantages for our schools. As part of this, we have also considered the current Government position that all schools become academies.
The Governing Body believes the best way forward is to join forces with a strong and established local multi-academy trust that shares similar values to Brooklands and for our school to convert to an academy. The proposed group of Academies is the Orwell Multi Academy Trust which comprises of:
- Halifax Primary School
- Handford Hall Primary School
- Springfield Infant School and Nursery
- The Willows Primary School
We strongly believe that both pupils and staff will benefit from the greater opportunities that formal partnership, through the Trust, will bring, which include;
- extending the learning opportunities and activities for pupils,
- enriching the curriculum through partnership working and shared resources,
- enabling the sharing of excellent practice in teaching and learning,
- the professional development of teaching and support staff,
- building mutual support and accountability between the Headteachers and between the Governors, and
- securing cost and resource efficiencies through joint commissioning of services.
Our school will continue to play an important part in the local community. We will remain active members of existing partnerships and will continue to work closely with the Local Authority.
Based on our proposal, we are now consulting with parents, carers, staff, pupils and the community. The Governing Body will then consider a report on the academy consultation before reviewing responses and making a final decision on the proposal. If the Governing Body agrees to proceed, the plan is for Brooklands to convert on 1st June 2018.